Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Andrew has a girlfriend

When I asked Andrew the other day what he did at preschool, he told me "I played with my girlfriend". "Oh, you have a girlfriend?" Yes, he replied in his honey voice, her name is Emily. It is so cute... Of course, I am hoping my son will be socially able to hold a romantic relationship. When your child is 4 year old, you don't really think about it, but when they have Autism, even if it is a mild case, you still cannot help wondering whether your child will be able to have a romantic relationship. Of course, many neurotypical teens and adults cannot have one... but still I cannot help but wonder. So, now, I just enjoy hearing Andrew telling me about his girlfriend. Once I hear a little girl tell her mom that Andrew is her boyfriend, that will make me very happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment